Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lipstick Chronicle 2: Moisturize Your Lips

Before you apply any type of lipstick you must, must moisturize your lips. There is nothing less attractive than cracked, dry lips. These are my top three lip products.

First: Exfoliate
I like Jane Iredale Sugar & Butter Lip Exfoliator & Plumper- $25 but lasts a very long time. The sugar is used to scrub & moisturize. Once complete, if you want, that plump lip look use the other end of the tube.


Second: Moisturize.
I like a day and night moisturizers. For the night and to use as a daily chap stick, I like Sugar Lip Treatment by Fresh- $22.50. It contains grapeseed oil, sugar, and Vitamins A, C, & E. Eventhough, it has a SPF in it I still like to use it at night as opposed to in the day.

Third: Moisturize More
I like to use Bubbly by Philosophy $10- . It's a high gloss, high flavor moisturizer. If you are funny about licking your lips and tasting a flavor; then this is not the gloss for you. They do have other flavors like Mimosa, Daiquiri, etc... I love it, though, because my lips always looks kissable when I wear it.


I know these options may seem pricey but I have a couple of less expensive alternatives.

Less Expensive Exfoliator Option:
Take some regular sugar or brown sugar (I prefer) and mix with a little olive oil. Then use a soft to medium bristle toothbrush to scrub. You will definitely notice a difference, if you don't eat the scrub first.

Less Expensive Moisturizer Option:
The good old standby, Vaseline. I'm a little fancy so I mix my Vaseline with my favorite essential oils like Lemongrass or Lavender. It does contain petroleum jelly so I try not to use it that often.

Burt's Bees also makes an organic moisturizer that works pretty well.

The point of the matter is basic skin care. Take care of your lips and they will take care of you when you get ready to accessorize them and take them out on the town.






No comments:

Post a Comment