Sunday, June 24, 2012

Like Junkies Find Drugs; I Find Starbucks & Spas

This week I was in Chicago for work. Upon travelling to work, I was dreading the trip not because of the people or the work but more so for the extremely long work hours. If any of you work 12-15 hour days; then you know the toll this can take on your body. 

Day one the stress took its toll. I had so much tension in my neck and left side of my body I was not sure if I was going to be able to sit up straight by the end of the day. My first saving grace was the Starbucks located at the bottom of my hotel. The second saving grace was access to the club level so I could make my own tea for free all day, everyday. My third saving grace was finding a place to relax, DQ Luxury Reflexology Massage & Relaxation Retreat, located two blocks south of my hotel.

In retrospect, I suppose it isn't hard finding a Starbucks since one is located on almost every corner in most major cities. However, finding a spa or a place to relax when you are away from home can be more challenging. Somehow, though, I managed to find a place to lay back; wrap up in a blanket; zone out to relaxation music; watch some guided imagery; and get my head, head, and feet rubbed all at the same time. 

Like junkies find drugs; I find Starbucks and spas to take me away from the stress & madness around me take me to my happy place. 




No comments:

Post a Comment