Saturday, March 10, 2012

Love Survives: A Tribute to Katris Roberts Tolliver




This week my best of best friends, Vivien or Yolanda as I call her, lost her sister, Katris- "Kay" in a car accident. It's difficult to comprehend and extremely hard to acknowledge but I write this entry as a tribute to acknowledge and celebrate her life.

Kay is (I am using the present tense because to me she still is) a mother, sister, daughter, wife, friend who brought joy and light to so many people's lives. Today, at her celebration of life service so many people spoke of her being a good person, as someone you would want in your life. As a mother, her son clings to her. As a sister, the bond is closely tied. As a daughter, her parents are proud. As a wife, she loves. As a co-worker, they could depend on her.

What I know is that Kay loves them and they love her. Even though, the flesh may not be present; love still survives today and forever more.




No comments:

Post a Comment